2016 JKF Classic Online Check-In Technology
As always you will be able to bring your camera or phone (with cable) to the check-in on Saturday at the Ramallah Club between 11am-4pm and we will manually download your fish pics and check-in your fish. The master scoreboard will be hosted at the Ramallah Club as in the past.
The last two years we started optionally allowing online check-in using 321Fish.com with smartphones, and this year we are going to do the same thing. This is not required, but it's an option that will enable you to check-in fish throughout the day, and you can fish and check-in fish right up to the 4pm close of check-in. This is why in the registration process we have asked participants to create an account at 321Fish.com. Your entry to the Classic does not automatically enable this option - you must complete the steps below to enable online check-in for yourself. We will not take questions on this at the captain's meeting - it is your responsibility to read this and prepare.
Since everyone in the Classic is not using the 321Fish scoring system the Classic standings at 321Fish will not be complete or official. It is merely a vehicle for us to get a fish picture for a specific angler and time of catch. However, it will enable us back at HQ to score your fish while you are fishing, allow us to judge the fish that have been checked in online before you arrive, and to get a better idea of the tournament standings. In the future we are hopeful to run the entire Classic using online scoring so that you will be able to see a real-time leaderboard that is up to date throughout the day.
If you are interested in using this check-in technology please do these things in advance of the Classic.
1) Make sure you have an active account at 321Fish. If the account you created has been deleted at 321Fish.com it is likely because you never activated it. When you register an account you receive an email requesting you to activate your account. Only after the account is activated can you check-in fish or join a tournament. Each account has it's own password that is used with the browser or app to login. You must be logged in to enter an event or check-in a fish. If you are not receiving the activation email (this happens sometimes with HotMail and AOL), check your junk folder. Once you identify it as not junk you will receive all 321Fish notifications.
2) Get the free 321Fish app for your smartphone (search on 321Fish at the Apple AppStore or the Google PlayStore), login to your 321Fish account with the app, and do a test check-in and see how the app works for you. Classic day is not the time to test your phone/app. You must login to 321Fish with the app for it to present the check-in button (+). If you are using a Windows or other non-Apple or non-Android phone, or your Android or iPhone cannot run the app because you have an outdated operating system, then you can still use the web browser on your phone to login to 321Fish and check-in catches.
3) Make sure you ENTER the JKF Classic Scoring event at 321Fish. The Classic Scoring event is password protected and the password is JKFDSAJ in uppercase. Tournament entry must be done using a web browser - you can only check-in fish and view catches and results with the app. Your entry to the 321Fish hosted socring event creates a scorecard for tracking your best catches during the Classic. This year entering the Scoring Event automatically puts you in a Slam, Red, Trout, and Flounder event so you can see your catches applied across all the divisions.
4) Please rate our app 5 stars at PlayStore and AppStore!
If you successfully complete these steps you will be able to check-in fish online. It is the responsibility of the angler to ensure this is done correctly. If there are technical issues with your device being unable to use the 321Fish.com website or app it is your responsibility to get your pictures to the check-in by 4pm.
If you have entered the Classic event at 321Fish the system will automatically associate your fish pics and catch information with your Classic scorecard. During the Classic when you check-in a fish from the app it will appear in the catches screen of the app and will also appear in the tournament details screen that shows scorecards for each angler using the online system. If you see your fish in the catch view with the image, and you also see it scored in the tournament details (you may need to refresh) then your fish is checked-in. If you do not see that your fish with its picture is checked in using either the apps or the website, you must make sure you get to the manual check-in at the venue before 4pm.
If you don't want to see everyone else’s fish in the catch view you can go to the Preferences/Settings page of the app and check the box indicating you only want YOUR catches to show in the catch list. In a huge event like the Classic with a bunch of catches being checked in if you enable all catches to be shown in the catch view your fish might scroll off if you are looking for confirmation that it was uploaded, so we highly recommend you use the MyCatches setting during the Classic (make sure you have the latest version of our apps available!).
If you are using the online system you will be able to upgrade fish - you may check-in multiple fish throughout the day and the system will apply the best ones to your scorecard. For example if you catch a 24" red in the morning and check it in online, then catch a 30" red at lunchtime and check it in online, the 321Fish scoring system will count the best fish for you and retains all your catches.
Please note that the online scoring system from the apps only lets you select a single picture for each fish you check-in - so when you catch a fish take several pics, and then when you do the check-in with the app select the best pic.
In the event there are problems with the online scoring system we will
What follows includes a lot of information and Q&A we have handled online.
1) Every angler in the Classic that wants to use the online check-in needs their own account at 321Fish. If anglers are sharing a smartphone or camera each angler must use their own unique token in all their pics to distinguish them, and it is the angler’s responsibility to login to the correct account when using the online check-in. Anglers sharing a smartphone will each use a different token as specified at the captain's meeting.
2) The launch pic can also be checked in from the smartphone with the app by selecting the “Launch” species. We recommend that while you take your launch pic before fishing, that you do not attempt to check-in your launch pic until later, as many anglers checking in their launch pic at first light may result in server delays which we do not want to impact your ability to get on the fish early!
3) Fish checked in via the app will have a time of catch based on the time they are checked in with the app. Anglers using the app do have a time of check-in advantage over anglers that choose to bring their fish pics to the venue for manual upload. However, I can only recall perhaps one or two times in 11 years in which we have had meaningful tie breakers decided by time of catch.
4) If there is specific info you want to pass to the judges utilize the comment field when checking in from the app
5) If you would like to see real names for the people at 321Fish on the Catch and Tournament screens here is how to do it.
Web Site - Use Help->Settings and select the real names preference
6) You may notice that your fish size at 321fish may change during the day - this is because one of our judges has looked at the fish and adjusted the size for scoring. When this happens you will also receive a notification email. Please do NOT attempt to edit the fish or check it in repeatedly.
7) Fish that are less than Florida state minimums will not be scored - so don't bother to check-in Redfish under 18", Seatrout under 15", or Flounder under 12".
8) If the account you created at 321Fish has been deleted it is likely because you never activated it. When you register a new account you receive an email requesting you to activate your account. Only after the account is activated can you check-in fish or join a tournament.
9) Remember that the standings and catches at 321Fish are provisional and not final. Judges may find the measurements are different or tokens may be missing, so don't panic from what you see.
10) Remember uploading a fish with a 5-8MB image file can take a while especially if you have a poor cell connection. Our system will work hard to upload your catch but usually will time out if it is unable to complete within 2 minutes.
11) When fish are checked in at 321Fish.com they also appear on the 321Fish.com Twitter Feed and Facebook page.
12) It is not enough to check-in WITHOUT an image - the image must be there too.
13) When using the online checkin we recommend you take your fish pictures as you always do using the device, THEN go to the app or browser to do your checkin and select your BEST picture from your gallery. If you are using the App it only enables a single image per checked in catch, so to post additional pics you will have to post additional 'catches' which is fine or use the browser interface. If you are using the browser interface it enables you to post multiple images per catch with its imagewizard interface.
REDFISH SPOT CALCUTTA
1) Password is SPOTSLOT
2) Uses same token as Classic
3) Use App or Browser